Time is funny. One month seems like it has flown by. How could Austin already be one month old? And yet at the same time, hasn't he been here in our family for so much longer than just one month? It seems he has always been here.
Austin has been a pretty good baby so far. He isn't overly fussy. We do have our fussy days, but they aren't too common. For the most part he is happy, but that involves me holding him for much of the day. He loves to be swaddled tight, and I can usually sneak an hour or two at a time of putting him in the bouncy chair when he is alseep and swaddled. He seems like he will be a cuddler, he loves to be close to me. He has been spoiled a little, and sleeps frequently in our bed at night to nurse. I get so tired of sleeping in the rocking chair, so I will often lay down to nurse, and then when he is done, I move him up on my shoulder so I'm not worried about him. He sleeps wonderfully that way - sometimes sleeping for 4 hours or more. I sleep better with him not in the bed, but he only goes about 3 hours at a time that way, which really only gives me about 2 hours of sleep at a time once you figure in nursing. He has spoiled my good track record of a babies that enjoy the swing. He hates it. I keep hoping that he will start to like it, but no luck yet.
His brothers love him so much, and have begun to pay a lot more attention to him. Dylan is always coming over to him saying "Austin" in his cute own way of saying it (for those of you who know how he likes to say "Grandpa," imagine it the same way). He loves to hold him, and often asks to hold him when he knows I need some help. Jayden has taken it upon himself to bring Austin to me when he is crying, which makes me nervous. He does a good job of holding him carefully, but I still worry. I've never had a kid who would just pick up the baby and bring him to me. He is such a good brother, wanting to help like that. He also is good at patiently holding Austin's binky in his mouth to try and get Austin to take it when he is fussy. Ethan also loves to hold Austin, and holds his arms out when he asks. The funny thing about him is how he will just drop his arms when he is done, so I really have to be right next to him ready to catch Austin when he is done. Ethan loves to help with the binky as well, but hasn't connected the idea of him just needing it when he is fussy.
No comments:
Post a Comment