
All of my babies have had to have light treatment for jaundice in the hospital. I have come to expect it with each baby Dylan and Jayden had to go back to the hospital around 5 days old. Ethan was in the NICU, so they treated him while he was there. Austin had light treatment for day before we left the hospital. I am so glad we didn't have to take him back!! We did use this bili bed for the first night at home, but he didn't need it after that. That was one long night! I would feed him for about 30 minutes. Put him in the bed. He would last about 30-45 minutes before getting so mad that I would have to pick him up. The point of the bed is to have him on it as much as possible to break down the bilirubin in his skin to help the jaundice go away, so I would nurse him again, so he would go back to sleep for another 30-45 minutes. That went on all night. Luckily that did enough of the job we didn't have to use it after that.

Here is my favorite picture from his first bath. He enjoyed it except for getting his head wet.
6 comments:
That bili bed looks more comfy than the one we had for Sydney! Hers looks like a miniature tanning bed with a lid and everything and she had to wear little eye patches. We had the same terrible night with her too and at 10 days had to go back to the hospital. Jaundice is annoying. Glad he's doing better!
Oh that last picture is precious. It could be in a magazine. Hang in there for those first few weeks of being a new mom again!!!
How sweet and precious. When does Devin go back to work, and when can I come and help you clean or just let you take a nap???
He is so cute! I've never seen a bili bed before-they're kind of freaky looking! I'm glad you didn't have to go through more than one night with that thing!
He is SOOO cute!!!! Congrats!!!!
That is so hard, I can totally feel how tired you must have been. Both my boys have had jaundice too, but just enough to have to go to the doctors for two days for blood test. That bed doesn't look like too much fun. How is nursing going? Do you have to take that fenugreek?
Post a Comment