Our sweet little boy is finally here! He was born Sunday at 5:39 pm, weighing 7 lbs 6 oz, and 19 1/2 inches long. It was kind of a suprise to us. We had planned on him coming Tuesday or Wednesday, depending on how things went. I woke up Sunday morning with an ache that was all in the right side, a little like back labor, but only on the right side, and it extended all the way around my hip and to the middle of my front. I thought that was kind of wierd, and of course there was the hope it was something, but I figured it was nothing. So we went to church, and nothing really changed until near the end of church, then it started to bother me more. Devon was supposed to have a meeting after church. I was a little worried it may be something, so I told Devon I was going to use his cell phone quick to call the doctor and let him know that I may be going in to the hospital in a few hours, and because I knew he was headed to church right about then, I wanted to make sure I would be able to get a hold of him if that were the case. He wasn't on call that day, but he had said he would deliver me if he was available when I had the baby. I wasn't sure if he normally took his cell phone to church if he wasn't on call, so I figured I'd better get a hold of him before he left. It took a little bit to get a hold of him. In the meantime, I took the boys home and started to get lunch for them, but the pains were getting pretty bad, and becoming more like hard contractions, but still only on the one side. I hurried and called Devon to tell him I was just going to come get him now, because we may need to just go to the hospital. I finally got a hold of the doctor as I picked Devon up, and he said I should go get checked, since I had been a 4 and 90%. Of course, once Devon's mom came over and we were ready to go, the pains had lessened a lot. I was feeling like they would probably just send us home, but we figured we'd still go get checked. I felt a little silly going in and not in any bad pain, but we did it. The contractions weren't regular at all, but still there a little. However, I was at a 5, so they said they weren't going to send me home. I am so glad they let me stay, because I really think we may have been heading back over that night, had they sent us home. Having a baby in the afternoon is much better than the evening, so it worked out great for us. They gave me an epidural and broke my water at around 3:15, and by about 5:15 I could tell it was time. It didn't take long after that and Austin was born. I love to see my little boys for the first time. I love having them put him on my chest as they clean him up. What a sweet time it is. Devon had a new experience as the doctor let him help guide him out and catch him.
Since it was early enough in the day, Devon's parents came over with the boys, and my parents and Ben came over to see him. The boys were not really interested in their new brother. They did love that they were given their own drinks and crackers. We tried and tried to get the boys to come over to see the baby to get some fun family pictures, but they wouldn't. The next day Dylan and Ethan cooperated a little bit, but Jayden did not care to get close to Austin.
9 comments:
Congrats!! We are thrilled for you guys. BTW...you look way too good in that picture in the hospital to have just had a baby!!! Wish I looked that good. Glad it was a quick delivery.
Austin is adorable! Congratulations! You look great in that picture. We are glad you are both doing well!!!
What a precious, precious bundle of joy!!!
Oh good, pictures! I've been hoping you'd post some soon. He's a cutie! Congratulations. Hope I can see him soon!
I'm glad you posted pictures! I've been waiting (even though I've seen him in person) to look at his sweet face again!
What a beautiful, baby boy! Welcome to our family, Austin. We already just love you to pieces!
Congratulations! He is very handsome and looks so content. Babies are such a wonderful blessing, I am glad to hear he is here safe and sound and that you had such a neat experience.
Congratulations! What a sweet baby!
Such a handsome baby! Congrats to you and your family.
He's a cutie! Congrats!
Post a Comment