We had a Nascar birthday party for Dylan the week after his birthday, and we had so much fun! I was trying to go simple with the cake, so I was happy at my creativity here. It was going great - I had all the icing and half the "grass" on the sides when I pushed it wrong and made the whole thing fall off the counter. It broke into pieces a little. I caught a chunk, another stuck to the pan which I caught between my leg and the oven, and another piece ended up on the floor. So I had to piece it all back together, put more frosting on, fill in some good sized holes with frosting, and put more grass on. Viola. Birthday cake. Its a good thing the frosting hides the mess!
We went to Classic, and it was perfect. I didn't have to worry about entertaining a bunch of kids at my house. No games to plan and carry out. No crazy kids running around my house. It would have been crazy if I hadn't had Devon, my mom, and brother Ben to help, but they were there, and they were awesome! Thanks a million guys!!
No comments:
Post a Comment