2 Nephi 31:20 Wherefore ye must press forward with a steadfastness in Christ, having a perfect brightness of hope, and a love of God and of all men. Wherefore, if ye shall press forward, feasting upon the words of Christ, and endure to the end, behold, thus saith the Father: Ye shall have eternal life.
2 Nephi 32:3 Angels speak by the power of the Holy Ghost; wherefore they speak the words of Christ. Wherefore, I said unto you, feast upon the words of Christ: for behold, the words of Christ shall tell you all things what ye shall do.
Austin took this a little too seriously last week... and ate part of Genesis 35, all of Genesis 36 and part of Genesis 37. I don't use my old testament quite as much as some of the other books, so I didn't feel too overwrought about this... there was nothing I could about it at this point anyway, but then I looked to see what he ate. It is the beginning of the story of Joseph of Egypt. I love that story, so I am a bit frustrated about that. I guess that's what I get for leaving my scriptures on the couch after family scripture study. =) And you would think I would learn my lesson... but no... I have found him with my scriptures so many times since. I actually first found part of the page he ate on the initial discovery, and I saved that partial page thinking not only would I actually have a piece of the page rather than completely be missing it, but it would be kind of a nostalgic thing of Austin's babyhood... but in one of those other findings, he found it again and finished it off. Oops! I just hope to keep the rest of my pages intact... and I really should learn my lesson one of these days.
6 comments:
Cute, cute post!
F U N N Y.
James loves to carry my quad around like a bag but I always make sure it's zipped up, so he can't FEAST on any of the pages...great story!!!
Yum!
Fun! He is so cute! Thanks for sharing this story.
Oh my heck!! I've been missing Genesis 37 and 38 for years. My oldest shredded it when he was a baby!!! It must just be a really juicy section :)
Post a Comment