Friday, September 10, 2010





The deed is done. I cut Austin's hair today. I always get a little sad when I cut my babies hair for the first time. It seems to signal a little bit of an end of baby hood to me... their little locks that curl around in back. His hair was just getting too long I think. I meant to take a picture of his hair straight up to show how long it really was. You can't really tell because it is pretty thing, but I did measure it and it was about 4 inches long on top. He was getting the traditional "wings" on the sides that my kids always get.

It was a little crazy, but using a tupperware full of baby bottle lids and nipples, a few dried pieces of bananas, a pancake, the lid to my camera, and a slinky... we got it done. I think it turned out pretty good other than the one spot where I cut the hair to save (I have always saved a lock of their hair), I cut just a tiny bit too close. All in all, pretty good.

2 comments:

Karen K said...

Can I hire you? Spencer and Aubrey really need haircuts right now.

Michelle and Tony said...

That does look really cute, you did a great job!