Sunday, December 22, 2013

Happy Birthday Jayden

Happy 9th Birthday to our Jayden!  We love this boy so much.  He is a blessing in our home! We woke up to a nice Pokemon party and a sugar cereal breakfast.  Nothing like starting out your birthday with Corn Pops, Lucky Charms, and Cinnamon Chex.  He chose the Chex to make sure Ethan had a gluten free cereal.  What a thoughtful brother!
  











Things about Jayden as a 9 Year Old:

He still loves soccer.  A lot.  And he is really quite good. He has started to dribble a ball in our house everywhere, which gives me mixed feelings.  He's done good at not kicking it up in the air, so for now I'm just appreciating how amazing his footwork is.

He is a good big brother.  He patiently helps Ashlyn when she is crying. He talks quietly to her and gives her a binky, and she calms right down.  He also helps all the other little ones.

He is an avid reader.  I didn't know if any of the kids could be more of a bookworm than Dylan, but Jayden just might be.  He has read the Harry Potter series twice, and is currently reading the Spirit Animals series, the Fablehaven series, and the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.  I am sure there are plenty more that I am leaving out.  He also is doing the Battle of the Books at school this year, and is probably going to get all 20 books read.

When I took him to pick out his birthday clothes, he quickly picked out a bright yellow Under Armour sweatshirt.  Unfortunately it was not on sale and nearly $50.  When we noticed that, he said we didn't need to worry about. I told him we would just try another store.  (Side note: Have you noticed how popular bright colors are?  And Under Armour sweatshirts?  Until this shopping trip, I never noticed these trends so much.  Then I started noticing that just about every other kid walking out of school is wearing brightly colored Under Armour sweatshirts.) After 4 stores, and no luck, we found a brightly colored sweatshirt, but not the Under Armour brand.  During this shopping trip I had no clue how popular it was, and didn't think much of his sweetness at being plenty happy with a plain bright sweatshirt.  To me, it tells a lot of his character to not be too disappointed when the expensive the he wanted wasn't what we got.  Sweet boy.

Loves electronics.  This boy really, really, loves to play video games.  His favorite right now is Skylanders (hence the Skylanders party decorations).  To him one of the greatest rewards is having time to play something, whether it is on the computer, Wii, or XBox.

Loves his friends.  It seems that Jayden's day is never complete unless he has had some time to spend with his friends.  It doesn't matter if it is just 5 minutes.  I have literally told him he has time to ride to his friends house, spend a minute or two there, and then ride back home because it was time for dinner.  He did that, and was completely happy with the fact that he saw the new kid in the neighborhood's bedroom.

Jayden is such an important part of our family.  He is so kind and thoughtful, and is my helper in a big way.  We love this boy!!

No comments: