My sister Rachel decided it was important to her to come see Ashlyn and help me out. I am so grateful for that! I loved having her stay in my home, help with the kids, help at night, visit with me, clean my house, and buoy me up at this stage of recovery. I don't know why, but this time around, I have just felt like handling the day to day family life has been kind of tough to do. I feel so overwhelmed, and have been immensely grateful for the many people who have stepped up and helped me. Each little thing - from bringing me meals ( I have never had so many meals brought to me!) to even just taking one or two of my other kids for a day have meant a tremendous amount to me. It makes me want to be more aware, and more ready to offer to step in to help others.
The week Rachel came out was just perfectly timed and gave me just the boost I needed. I love my sister so much, and I am so glad to have the close relationship we have. Rachel is my best friend (well, I guess second to Devon) and I am glad I got to share this time with her. I can't wait until she moves back to Utah. I miss her terribly! I'm also glad that Ashlyn and Lauren will have each other, and hopefully as they grow, they will love each other too.
Also, while Rachel was here we got a good snowstorm - probably the best one of the entire winter season. Rachel got to try out my snowblower. I love using that thing, and I think Rachel had fun using it too. Hopefully it helped convince her how much fun clearing snow off the driveway can be. Right?
1 comment:
This totally made me cry. I'm so glad that I was able to come. I love you and your family so much,
Post a Comment