Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Master Yoda...


...can I be a Jedi. This is the question all the kids at Jayden's party had to ask. This Yoda is like a Magic 8 ball, and would respond with answers like: "the answer you seek is... yes" or "no, I feel it is." If they got a no answer they had to show some trick or skill to yoda and try again. It took Jayden 7 or 8 tries!


Here is Jayden's cool cake. We were going to do cupcakes, but Jayden changed his mind at the last second, so this is our quick and easy cake. I just put Press and Seal on the bottom of the toys so they stay clean, and so does the cake. Jayden is wielding his imaginary light saber.



Once the Jedis were accepted, we did some Jedi training. We had an obstacle course and did agility training (tie balloons to the ankles and see who could keep their balloons from getting popped). Then we took a break for presents, cake, and ice cream.



Our next stage in Jedi training was to defeat the infamous Darth Vader, and retrieve the candy. I thought this Darth Vader pinata was a fun splurge-- it turned out he was quite wimpy. Jayden was the first to fight him, and after his couple of tries, Vader's head was nearly completely separated from his helmet.



To try to get everyone their turn, we did a repair job, and then it appeared that Darth Vader had the mumps.



Dylan was the last of the group. We made it through, but just barely. Can you see the pinata in two pieces? Darth Vader was defeated!



Here are all of the young Padowans: Jayden, Zane, Ben, Benson, Paige, and Dylan. We missed Jessica and Tess, they couldn't make it.



Silly Jedi faces!








We later thought we could have some great fun with our pinata. A few modifications... and here is Darth Vader Dylan.



And Darth Jayden Maul, Storm Trooper Dylan, and Darth Zane Vader.



Last but not least, Darth Ethan Vader.

1 comment:

wanderer said...

I love it! I had to laugh as I looked at pictures because that is what we are doing for a b-day party in our house in 2 weeks! I even looked at the same pinata! Tell Jayden Happy belated Birthday!