Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Temple Square





I have been meaning to take the boys up to Temple Square for the last 2 years, and we just haven't made it. With Devon working right there, I have really been meaning to go, and meet him for lunch. Well, with two days left before school starting, and Devon moving to Riverton for work in 2 weeks, I figured my days of procrastination better end, or we would miss out. So we headed up and had a grand ole time today. We first hit the Church History Museum, which the boys enjoyed - especially the I Am A Child of God display for the kids. They had fun making stained glass windows (not real ones) and exploring all the other fun activities in there. Then we enjoyed walking through Temple Square. My favorite place is in the North Visitors Center in the room with the Christus. While there, I told Dylan about how when he was about 4 months old I had brought him there, and when he saw the statue of Jesus, he just lit up and began babbling like he was telling him all sorts of things. It was so cute! I swear he remembered him! Then we walked around the temple. The boys loved all the fountains, and really couldn't resist trying to touch the water each time, even though I told them not to. We also went up to the top of the Joseph Smith Memorial Building, to see the temple from up high. We not only got to eat lunch with Daddy, but Grandma and Grandpa were there for church business, so we joined them in the cafeteria for some good food.

I know I enjoyed the morning, and the boys seemed to, as well. There is just something special about spending time near the temple. I love it!

1 comment:

The Isoms said...

What cute boys! I love temple square!

Is Devon working for the church? Josh applied for a computer job, but I don't think he got it...haven't heard anything :-(