At the beginning of this summer, Devon tried to get Jayden to learn to ride his bike without training wheels, but Jayden didn't want to, so we didn't push it. Over the last month or so his friend Zane has been working on learning to do it, and got it figured out last week. Ever since seeing Zane learning how, Jayden suddenly decided he did want to learn how, of course his timing was poor, since that was about the time Devon had his appendix out, and I am in no condition to try to run bending over behind a short bike (I tried - didn't work). On Saturday - to add to Jayden's great day of having his first soccer game- Devon took him outside and seriously in less than 5 minutes Jayden was out riding his bike by himself. I tell you - this kid amazes me at how natural some things come to him. And yes, my child is out riding his bike with a helmet (smart), and flip flops (not so smart)- what can I do?
4 comments:
My goodness, he's good.
We just barely bought Nate a little bike with training wheels the other day. He's getting better, but he has a hard time pushing the pedals hard enough to keep him going.
Way to go, Jayden! Drew was like that too. We finally got him to a church parking lot, took off the training wheels, and he just went off riding. I guess when they're ready, they're ready!!
Good job Jayden! That's great. It took my son until this summer before he wanted his training wheels off--now he loves it.
lookin good Jay! I usually ride my bike with a helmet and flip-flops too. Of course, that is how I smashed my toenail off 2 weeks ago... so tell him to be careful! Your helmet doesn't save you from everything (despite what Rachel thinks). :)
Post a Comment