While we were on the Grand Cayman the full force of the storm hit us. Pretty much everyone was going scuba diving, except for me, Shirley, and Mom. The good news for the scuba divers was that they were in swim suits and planning to get wet anyway. It did make things really rough on the small boats, and even Devon got sick. It is definitely good I didn't go. I originally had hopes of putting my kids in their classes then take Ashlyn off the boat and explore around the port a little. I love to just see all the fun things for sale and get a feel for the place. The rain was so strong that everyone was getting soaked, even with ponchos. I would describe it as torrential. I heard one lady say that it felt like a hard massage on her back as the rain hit her. So... I decided not to worry about it. The morning went by quickly as we took some pictures with characters and who knows what else, and after lunch I was going to go to a showing of Tomorrowland with Shirley (sister), and pretty much all of the kids. Well, once I got to the show I found out she decided to get off the boat with Juli and Camilla. I was kind of bummed, but figured it would be okay. Things went pretty good until about halfway through the show Austin and Lauren declared they were tired of the show. So, we headed back to our room to try and get naps. It kind of made the afternoon feel like a waste since I didn't get to even finish the show, but that's how it sometimes goes.
Lunch was pretty funny. We had so many kids to look after. It was mostly me and Shirley doing it all. Mom had been resting and joined us at about this point. It was so funny to see the looks we got from all the people around us. We had another table or two filled with kids, but this is the only one I snapped a picture of.
I love how gourmet the desserts felt. I don't like super fancy food, but desserts are fun. There was always too much than I could ever try. Hopefully I got the best ones. My favorite was probably the Creme Brulee. Too bad they only served it two of the nights.
Here is the row of me and all the grandkids left on the boat. One entire row. Its a good thing they are all good kids and didn't need any monitoring from me. It would have been impossible.
This is the entrance to the Enchanted Gardens, where we ate again. The ambiance is neat - the lights on the ceiling slowly open up like flowers, and the scenery around the sides of the room look like its going from afternoon, to sunset, to darkness. The ceiling also turns to stars.



No comments:
Post a Comment