Friday, February 13, 2015

Surgery



Monday morning we woke up bright and early.  We were so glad Rachel had come to take care of the kids while Devon and I took care of Jayden at the hospital.  The plan was to not come home until Jayden did so we could be able to focus all our energy on helping him and surviving all the emotional stress. I am so grateful Rachel did this service for us.  I can not even begin to say what peace it gave me to know I didn't need to worry about my other kids and their well being and happiness while I was not home with them. 



As we drove to the hospital the sunrise was beautiful.  It was surreal to see everyone else's lives going on normal for them (as I looked at all the other cars on the road) as well as to take note in the beauty of the earth on a day that didn't exactly feel beautiful. 



This is Jayden's neurosurgeon, Dr. Kessel.


Last picture before letting him go.  Such a hard moment watching him leave.


Here is our support crew. I am so glad they could come up and wait with us at the hospital.


Surgery went well. It took pretty close to 6 hours exactly.  We had to wait a little while before seeing him in the ICU.  It was so hard on me to see him wake up so sad, but thank goodness for modern medicine that they can remove his tumor and help him heal.


After one night in the ICU we got a new room in the Neuro-Trama Unit.

Here he is finally feeling good enough to eat breakfast two days after surgery.

Recovering was rough.   Here he is sitting up for the first time.  If you had been in the room with us, you would know how big this was.  It was so hard for him.

We had lots of rough times, and lots of teaching times.  I love this sweet boy. It was a very hard week and he just kept saying he wanted to go home.

This was the first time up in the wheelchair.  It was painful and hard for him.

Over time things slowly got better.  Still hard, but better.  We were so grateful for the smiles the Grandpa's brought to Jayden. Both Grandpa's were really good about doing that.



Finally, after a long week we got to go home!



No comments: