Saturday, January 31, 2015

January

January, January, January.  What a month it has been!  We started things off crazy with trying to finish getting ready to close on our new house, clean it, paint what we want to paint (okay... just one really pink-ceiling and dingy wall room), pack, move, clean the old house, close on that.  It was so busy!  We made it.  I was so tired and worn out I thought I would take a breather of all the craziness and not be in too much of a rush to unpack and organize myself.  Little did I know what was in store!

Dylan, Jayden, and Ethan were also all playing basketball.  Jayden was also playing indoor soccer as well.  We were busy with so much life happening!





We regularly have visits from princesses at our house.  I love my girls!  There are so many fun aspects of raising boys, and so many fun aspects of raising girls.  I'm just so glad I get to experience both. It makes everything girly stand our so strong after all these boys!





Here is Jayden's birthday celebrated at the Gibson's.




One day I went to get Ashlyn up from a nap to find her without her shirt.  I still can't figure out how she did it.


At the end of January is when life got really crazy.  Jayden started having headaches that increased in frequency. I thought it might be his eyes.  I told him we should make an appointment with the eye doctor and see if he needed glasses.  The headaches got bad enough he was asking if I had made an appointment for him yet.  We finally got in on Friday, January 30.  The doctor was concerned and sent us to another doctor who was concerned and ordered an MRI the following Monday. The main thing he seemed concerned about was a possibility of a brain tumor. This weekend was a long one for me.  That Friday evening after we got home from all the doctors visits Devon was gone on a campout with the scouts.  So the kids and I tried to have some fun and made a fort in the basement to sleep in.  Jayden didn't feel very good and layed around for a bit before just going to his room to sleep.  This was a tricky evening for me as I watched all my sweet kids and just worried about lots of "what ifs."  How I love all my kids! The thought of anything bad happening to them made my heart ache. And seeing how sick Jayden was feeling added to my worry that the tumor might be a reality.




No comments: