Monday, November 17, 2014

One Year Old!!

Oh how I love birthdays! It just such a fun time to celebrate an individual child and make them feel special and loved.  Ashlyn's birthday was a busy one, complete with Dad camping overnight with the scouts, a showing of our house (we are moving), a mom and son movie with the older boys, and a BYU football game.  What a day it was!!



The other kids helped pick out her birthday cereal.  She loved the Lucky Charms, or maybe I should say the Lucky Charms marshmallows.





Lauren decided she wanted to give Ashlyn her stuffed bear.


Austin gave her his kangaroo.



Ethan gave her the traditional car that has been the 1st birtday present of the last four kids. Ethan did the fabulous wrapping job almost entirely himself.


Jayden gave her the music table that has also been a traditional 1st birthday present, I think for the last 5 kids.


I love how Dylan sat Ashlyn on his lap and helped her to open the present.  He is so sweet with her.





The traditional personal birthday cake.  I love this tradition so much!!  Each child has been so different to how they react to it.



At first Ashlyn wasn't sure what to think.  She got a little on one finger and tasted it, and then she decided it was definitely a good thing.  It didn't take long before she was taking fistfuls.



And soon she was using both hands to get as much in her mouth as she could.

 


And eventually she thought picking up the whole thing and shoving it into her face would be the easiest route.   I love this girl!






I would call the cake a success!!


Ashlyn at One year old:

  • Is a very happy girl.
  • Loves Mom a lot
  • Has started to grab Mom by the hair on each side of her head and give her big  open mouth kisses.
  • Loves to climb up the stairs.
  • Loves berries and sweets.
  • Has started to throw little tantrums, flopping herself on the floor.
  • Loves binkies.
  • Loves dolls.
  • Loves stuffed animals.
  • Loves to talk to and touch other people, as long as they don't try to hold her.  
  • Has two teeth on the bottom, and almost one on the top
  • Says "hi," "yah," and "mama."



No comments: