Lauren and her Lucky Socks!! I am not sure where Lauren came up with this idea. These socks were given to us at the Hospital when Ashlyn was born. As they wheeled me to my room after she was born, they stopped at a counter and handed me this pair of socks for the new baby. I'm not quite sure why they were so big! They were a little bit too small for Lauren, but way too big for Ashlyn. When Lauren saw them, she claimed them as her own and declared they were her lucky socks. I know the picture is a little hard to see, but they have light pink "ballet slippers" on them.
Dylan earned the Great American Award at his school. He had to pass off: learning to write the pledge of Allegiance without any errors, sing the words to the National Anthem, recite all the Presidents of the United States in order, know the 50 states and capitals, and recite the Gettysburg Address. It was hard work, but he was persistent and did fabulous!
Adventures in baby feeding:
Dylan's class had a pet snake. Dylan really wanted to bring the snake home for a weekend. I told him maybe we could do it his birthday weekend. Of course we forgot. So the very last weekend of the school year we brought Hummer home. Dylan was so excited that Hummer was hungry. We had to go to a pet store and buy a feeding mouse (always named Bummer). Dylan fed the poor thing to the snake. I did not watch, but I think everyone else did. I don't mind snakes, but I really didn't want to watch him eat a mouse.
The traditional Dance Festival! All the kids did great. I didn't get very good pictures, but I guess they will do. Jayden was doing the Robot here. He did so good!
Dylan loved his songs this year, and enjoyed the dances. Normally this isn't his thing, and maybe he will deny he loved it, but I could tell it was a lot of fun for him this year.
Ethan had a program for the parents. He loves to sing!
We visited Grandpa Hollingshaus's grave, as well as our Grandmas'. How I miss them!!
Dylan ran the Greenwood mile at school. He did a great job. I think he said he took like 5th. Ethan's class was watching and cheering them on. He made this sign for Dylan. (Its not turned sideways on my computer, I don't know why blogger keeps turning it sideways.)


No comments:
Post a Comment