Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Ashlyn started enjoying her crib about 10 days ago. Can I tell you how much this has made a difference in my life? I have revelled in holding her and snuggling her, sleeping or awake. Truth of the matter is, while I'm still savoring those moments, I need some moments to spend time with my other kids and also do some cooking a cleaning. Before this newfound love of the crib, I would put her down, and she would give me a small amount if time before she would cry. Except on rare occasions, the swing didn't work, and neither did the bouncer. Usually those things are my saving graces. I've looked at the situation as a blessing- giving me lots of time to love holding this sweet girl. And now, I'm loving having time to do a wider variety of things, as she will give me a few hours, usually in the afternoon, to get something done. Of course, truth be told, with five other kids, I really can't get much done even with that stretch, or my time is spent cleaning up the bizillion messes the kids made while I was nursing, leaving all the other things I need to do (like clean the bathroom) undone.  BUT, at least she is starting to give me a good stretch.  At night it varies- one night she slept till 5!  Yay for the crib!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

I love her! And I'm happy she's loving her crib. She should--it's ridiculously cute!