Saturday, August 17, 2013

Battle Creek Falls

I heard about an easy hike to a waterfall in Pleasant Grove, so we decided to give it a try.  I had imagined a pretty flat trail, and honestly expected it to be paved from the little bit I heard about it, but apparently I got the the wrong impression.  It was a relatively short hike - a little more than a mile, but it wasn't paved, and it was pretty steep at parts, especially at the end.  I almost attempted this hike alone with the kids a few weeks earlier because of what I thought it would be (I was thinking along the lines of the Bridal Veil Falls trail), so luckily, Devon was with me.  It really wasn't a bad hike, just not one I should have tried without him with all these kids and being so pregnant.





Here is the view from the top of the falls.  We made it!  That steep last part was kind of hard, and the kids felt worn out, but they did it!  The picture above is us standing at the top of what you see in the picture below.


We enjoyed some snacks and playing around in the water for a little while.  I love the outdoors!








1 comment:

Rachel said...

I see you've gotten back in to blogging, WAY TO GO!
And I'm proud of you for going hiking. I love hiking! I wish I could have been there with you!