Sunday, July 24, 2011

Whats better...?

... than  a baby smiling at you?

Lauren started smiling... shoot I never wrote the date down!  I do remember the first time she smiled it was exactly either two or three weeks after she was born. I'm guessing it was three weeks.  I know at first I doubted it was a real smile.  During the next week she smiled a time or two more, and I was still debating the "realness" of her smiles.  Once exactly a week had gone by, I had no doubts that now they were real.  At about this same time she started to make laughing sounds with her smiles.  The first time I heard it, I seriously wondered if it was a laugh.  Not a giggle, just a little laugh.  Within a day or two she always did this laugh with every smile.  It has been so fun for me!

Here is a little tour of her smiles (at least the ones I have caught)

Four weeks old


Six weeks old

Eight weeks old

Nine weeks old

Eleven weeks old

And in case you are wondering (everyone seems to ask), YES I am having fun dressing her up!

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

She is BEAUTIFUL!!! What a love!

Rachel said...

Nothing is better than that! I love her smile! She is darling, darling, darling. (and so are her outfits) :)