Monday, July 11, 2011

Kirk Family

My little brother Ben just left on his mission, but before he did we had about two weeks of lots of stuff going on.  Sad to say... I didn't take many pictures, but at least I can record down the fun time we all had.

On June 4 (Ben's birthday), it was my Grandma's funeral, and my cousin's wedding reception later, and then afterwards we all went bowling to celebrate Ben's birthday.  What fun we had! 

June 5th we blessed Lauren, so we had another fun get together and enjoyed some good food with all the good visiting. (Pictures are on another post)

June 7th we played at Murray Park.  We had fun eating some lunch together, listening to a park concert, playing on the play ground, and watching the firemen practice rescuing each other from the river.


June 9th we went to Lagoon.  What a blast we all had!  Time always goes to fast at these places.  Jayden was game to go on EVERYTHING, and loved it all.  Dylan tried his first bigger roller coaster and earned himself some cotton candy as a reward for trying it. He didn't love it, but didn't hate it. Hopefully that's something we can build on.  Ethan had fun riding all the little kid rides, the boats were his favorite.
 

Nate and Ethan


June 10th we were supposed to go to Seven Peaks, but the weather made some of us nervous that it would be too cold, so we played at a park again with some, while others went (stupid weather).  Later in the day the adults went to the temple to do family sealings together for some of my parent's extended family members.

June 11th we had family pictures:

The whole gang
Grandma and Grandpa with all their grandkids

All the kids with their favorite Uncle Ben

Our big, little family

June 12th was Ben's Mission Farewell (I know we don't call them that anymore, but old habits die hard, right?)  He will serve in the Dominican Republic, Santo Domingo West Mission.  I am so happy and excited for him and so proud of my little brother.  WE LOVE HIM!!

This is me, my sisters (and in-laws), my brother, my mom, Lauren, and Rachel's friend.  If you want it all in order, it goes Nancy, Roseann, Ben, Mary Ann, Rachel, Karen, and Rachel's friend that I can't remember her name.


June 13th we played at for a while at Steve and Nancy's house.  The kids had so much fun playing all sorts of things, including house.
playing house
We hoped to go to Seven Peaks, but the weather still didn't cooperate so we swam at the Lehi Legacy Center.  The kids had to give their goodbyes to Uncle Ben as we left the pool.  I tell you... I hate goodbyes, especially when it comes to my kids.  I can get through okay myself, but watching my kids say goodbye to someone we all love... it gets me.
Jayden, Ben, and Dylan

June 14th Ben was set apart as a missionary.  Lets be honest. I cried.  I am going to miss my little brother while he serves the Lord.  He is a great brother and a great Uncle.  He loves all the little kids so much and they return that love back.  He is one of the neatest people I know.  I love his laid back personality.  He seems to love everyone and has a way of making other feel loved and important.  People just feel good around him.  He is going to be a marvelous missionary and will love the people of the Dominican Republic. 
Devon and I with my family, minus Rachel who had already flown back to Oregon.
Ben and Lauren.  The next time he sees her she will be 2!
June 15th he left on his mission and entered the Provo MTC

No comments: