Saturday, December 25, 2010

Christmas Day

There was something just really nice about Christmas this year. It felt very relaxing and and enjoyable. These little boys are just good little boys and I love them so much!




Dylan had been asking for months for a Lego Clone Turbo Tank. I didn't even know it existed before he started asking for it, but he knew just what he wanted, and Santa delivered.



Austin wasn't too interested in opening presents. Mainly he wanted to eat the food from his stocking, and carry around everything he could see.



Jayden is my boy who loves video games, and he knew for months what he wanted as well: Super Mario Smash Bros. on the Wii. Lucky him... he got it as well. This picture is him getting to open another present.


Austin gave all the bigger boys Nerf Guns. The boys have all had a blast playing with them. Luckily they have all been pretty tough, including Ethan, who got a nice little welt on the side of his face when the gun was shot from too close.


Here Dylan is "dying."


Santa brought Ethan this "Paper Jamz" guitar. I don't think Ethan totally knew what it was when he opened it, but he excitedly said "I wanted one of these!!" He was so funny to watch the very first time he started to play on it. He seriously started to bounce, jump around, and rock out. It has been so fun to watch him with this. I need to get it on video soon! All before Christmas he insisted he wanted Santa to bring him more trains. Of course when Santa came to visit suddenly it became that he wanted a new James train. He got a battery powered one for his birthday last year, and just the week before Christmas it started to die. Santa did bring him trains for Christmas, but this last minute idea couldn't be filled. Ethan noticed he didn't get exactly what he asked for, but he seemed okay with it - especially once he opened his guitar.


Austin's favorite toy from Christmas


It has become tradition that Dad and Dylan start building his lego set on Christmas morning. The last 3 years he has asked for big lego things.



Our family gave Grandpa Kirk an air pressure rocket launcher. My dad loves to do stuff with the kids, and in the past has launched other kinds of rockets with the kids. I loved this idea when I saw it a few years ago, and Devon was kind enough to build it since you can't buy these in stores.


Here's Jayden and Dylan with some of their Gibson cousins. We always have a fancy Christmas dinner together.

Austin's favorite part of the Gibson get-together was this candy cane!

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Ok, children, STOP GROWING NOW! I can't even turn my head for one second them growing at least a foot!
In one of the pictures I thought Austin was Ethan, and then I realized Ethan was much older than that and that it was Austin! Sheesh.