Thursday, December 23, 2010

Its like Christmas today!

I am stunned. I don't know what to say. I don't totally know if I believe it all the way. But he says its true. Who, you ask? The doctor. Its a girl. Yesterday I was 20 weeks. Today was the "big" ultrasound, and yes, I will be having a girl this coming May. I had to keep asking the doctor "...now how sure are you?" But really the evidence is absolute. I have the pictures. But still, there's a part of me that feels like it will all turn out completely opposite. That someone's going to say "just kidding, it was a joke." Its kind of keeping me back from that giddy excitement of getting something I've been hoping for, but haven't totally dared get my heart set on it. I wonder what she will be like. She may be the only daughter I'll have. Will she be sweet and thoughtful, strong and sassy? Will she love to spend time with me, or will our personalities clash? Time will tell, and without a doubt I will love her and won't be able to imagine our life without her!

8 comments:

Michelle and Tony said...

First, CONGRATS on the baby girl news. That is very exciting. Second...WHAT THE HECK...I didn't even know you were pregnant! Were you not telling people, or I am just totally out of the loop. That is crazy. Congrats again. That is amazing news and I am very happy for you. Too bad our next ones won't be close in age. That is wonderful news.

Karen K said...

Go ahead and give into the giddy excitement! We are so excited for you! Can't wait to see what a girl Gibson looks like.

David and Jana said...

Congrats to you guys! We are so excited for you.

Lyle, Heather, Suzie, Becca and Caleb said...

Congrats Rose!!! I did not know you were pregnant!! Did you tell people?? You for sure do not look like you are pregnant!! I am so excited for you to have a girl!!! It will be so fun and she will have all four of her brothers wrapped around her little finger!!! Congrats!!

Jenny said...

Yay congrats! That's exciting! We are expecting too but I'm only 11 weeks right now. Have fun with the girlie stuff.

Rachel said...

HURRAY HURRAY HURRAY! I'm so excited for you! Let the cute girl clothes shopping immediately ensue!

Julie said...

Congrats!!! You'll have so much fun! My mom had four boys and then a girl too...and then three more boys. We are having a boy. Katie will be a bit outnumbered, but with all of her spunk, the 3:1 ratio will still be even :-).

LJB said...

Congratulations! That is awesome news!