Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Mesa Verde






Here the boys are waiting for the tour. Jayden has been giving some pretty good expressions for the camera lately.


We toured the Cliff Palace, and it was pretty cool. We were a little worried a bit of whether there would be too much cliffs and ladders for two adults with four little boys, but it wasn't a problem at all (I know some of the other tours would have been bad). To get out we did have to climb up 3 ladders that went up the face of the cliff (in the picture above the ladders were on the right side of the ruins - you can't really see it, but imagine ladders going straight up there), but you couldn't tell because the ladders were wedged between a crevice that went straight up the cliff, so you couldn't look to the side and see how high up you were. I was glad for that because I was a little nervous of what we would do if Dylan insisted he was to scared to do it.



3 comments:

wanderer said...

That looks so fun! We went there when J was about 18 months old and I carried him around in a backpack too.

wanderer said...

Forgot to say that I love the pic of Austin and the one of your other boys on the rocks.

James said...

My parents told me about Mesa Verde, I would love to go.

Absolutely love your new blog photo, the boys just look so handsome in their white T-shirts.