Monday, July 12, 2010

Austin-buddy


Austin is already 9 months old now. I can't believe it! He is such a fun part of our family. He now how 6 teeth (look how swollen his mouth was as that 6th tooth came in - huge!), crawls everywhere, loves to crawl under/through/over anything he can find.



He is our little spelunker. We have started to call the side table his clubhouse. He loves to crawl through it and sit in it.






He loves to play with his brothers, and they love to play with them. I knew that Dylan loved the babies, and it has been interesting to see that Ethan is very much the same way. Jayden loves to play with him too and is such a huge help, but he interacts with him a little bit less. They like to get him laughing by waving a blanket by his face. He gets really excited and laughs as he waves his arms back and forth.


He also loves to pull to stand up against anything he can find.


This is one of his favorite games. He looks for me under his legs and then I lift his feet up like a headstand and say "Peek-a-boo!"


He also plays the traditional peek-a-boo with his hands or a blanket.



As usual for his age, he puts everything in his mouth and SCREAMS when I take things out that shouldn't be there. He loves to eat solids and loves to eat whatever the rest of us are eating if I will give it to him.


Austin is a screamer. He screams when he is happy, he screams when he is mad, he screams when he wants something. He just screams. That is all fine except for if we want to go anywhere, then it is just embarrassing. Oh, well. I'm sure he'll grow out of it.


I just took Austin to the doctor last week, and the nurse asked if I had any guesses of how much he weighs. I told her that none of my babies have passed the 20 lb mark at one year old, so I was guessing he was 17 pounds or so. I was so suprised to see he was 19 pounds 13 oz!! That is about 50 percentile, which is not what my babies usually are. He is also 29 inches, which is 75 percentile! I will be curious to see how he continues to grow over these next few years. It now makes sense of why he is fitting the 6-12 month clothes pretty good, while some are a little small, and a few 12-18 month clothes have started to fit. This has been so out of the ordinary for me.

2 comments:

Karen K said...

What a cute boy! I especially love the picture of him with Dylan.

James said...

He looks so adorable and a lot of fun