Saturday, January 3, 2009

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year! What a fun night we had! We played the Wii (Rock Band 2 is a lot of fun!), we played Ticket to Ride, we played Settlers of Catan, and we played so much more. We celebrated the New York New Year with the kids so we could put them to bed early.

Dylan was really tired at about 9, and asked if he could go to bed, but I told him we were going to celebrate the New Year pretty soon. I was worried he wouldn't make it. Then when the time finally came, he was one of the last ones partying. He was blowing all the noise makers, having fun, and when it was all winding down, I found him lying on a couch. I asked him if he wanted to go get in bed now, and he told me he wanted to wait till the party was over. What a tired party animal!

Ethan and Grandma. Poor Grandma, Ethan does not leave her alone. He is constantly wanting her to hold him. I worry she gets tired (or will get tired) of the never ending attack!

Ethan playing with his cousin Joel. This is where all the food was, and all three of my boys were very content to sit here. I told Dylan and Jayden they couldn't sit there eating all night, and Dylan told me they wouldn't sit there all night, they would go to bed when I told them it was time.

Jayden celebrating the New Year.

Ethan loving Grandma, and Uncle Ben. They came to join the party with us and we loved having them there. The only downside was Ben wallopping us in Settlers of Catan. =)

Some of the girls had fun decorating Devon, and he was a good sport about it all.

1 comment:

Mom G said...

Aunt Barbara - Hope you don't mind if we add you to our favorites. It was fun to see the New Year's Eve party. We had been with L & S that day and they were excited to have you all there. And S get tired? I can't imagine it!