Wednesday, October 19, 2016

October Part 1

October was filled with so many good things.  Devon started it out with the St. George Marathon.  It was a bit rough since he broke his collar bone only 6 weeks before, so his training was seriously messed up, and the nutrition plan got messed up as well.  I think he is amazing for decided to go for it and to stick with it, even though it was really hard.  That is quite the determination!





Jayden's soccer team finished up their fall season.  It has been a good season, though very different from what we have been used to.  The biggest difference has been that Jayden has been played on defense more than offense.  It has been a  little hard to adjust to it and learn the new position, but Jayden really contributes well in that position.  He still itches to play up front, and is so happy when he gets the chance to.

Josie discovered the fish tank.

Rachel, Rachel's friend Jessica, and I ran the Park City Half Marathon.  It was my first half marathon, and it was a tricky one!  The first 7 miles were pretty much uphill!  It was crazy.  Luckily I had ran that first half once with Rachel, so we were mentally prepared, but it was still hard.  I ran it in 2:07, which was about what my goal was.  I really wanted anything under 2:15, and hoped I could do it under 2:10.  With all those hills, I think that was quite the accomplishment!  My overall pace was 9:45.



Devon had a work trip to Florida.  He got to go to Harry Potter World!


Lauren and Ashlyn love to do my hair.  I get all sorts of beautiful hair-dos.



At Parent Teacher Conferences I took a few pictures of the things on display.





Here is some more of Lauren's soccer team:





And here is another amazing hair-do.


Grandpa made some muffins.  When we came to visit he shared them with the girls.  They enjoyed those muffins!

No comments: