We started out the month with Rachel and David still staying with us, a great way to start! I don't have very many pictures, but we did go up the American Fork Canyon one day. Lauren had woken up sick that morning, so I took her to the doctor. She was diagnosed with pneumonia, which was a shock to me. They didn't seem to worried about her, other than putting her on antibiotics. They said she could do whatever she felt up to doing. We figured she could still rest in the mountains, so we went ahead with our plans. The poor girl was exhausted! She slept the entire time in the stroller. She would occasionally change positions, and this one made me laugh. I felt bad she wasn't in her bed, but she didn't complain at all and slept so soundly anyway. What a sweetie!
In the meantime, the kids had fun playing by the water and exploring around. We didn't pick the best location for relaxing because there wasn't a whole lot to explore where we were, and there were signs saying not to go off the path because it was a rattlesnake area (yikes!). We didn't stay super long, but I think it was still nice to get outdoors for a bit.
Devon and David did the Hotter Than Heck Century Bike Race. Rachel and I felt overwhelmed at the thought of getting all the kids together to cheer them on. Our solution was to make signs and text the pictures to them. Hopefully they felt loved and supported.
We all just couldn't get enough of Lincoln. Here are some photos to prove it.
And I love this little girl too!
I heard a great idea of doing "a special day with mom" and decided to do that with the kids before school started. I took each of the kids out for a few hours and let them pick our special thing. Jayden and I went and saw Inside Out. What fun it was! Ethan picked to go on the ropes course at Thanksgiving Point. I can't remember what I did with Dylan... I think we went and got Orange Leaf ice cream and played somewhere (I'll have to try and remember to ask him). I only took pictures with Ethan. I didn't expect it to feel so scary, but let me tell you... I don't remember the last time I felt that scared!! Ethan was a little scared too, but I think nothing compared to me. He even commented at one point about how scared I looked. It was as I walked down some skinny steps with no rails and lots of gaps between each step from about 4 (maybe 6) stories up. It was crazy!! You can vaguely see the green steps behind us in the picture of the two of us.
I took Lauren and Austin on a joint special day once the other kids went to school. We went to the Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum.
As a sidenote: I was amazed at how rude some moms could be. I was teaching my children to ask politely if they could use some dinosaurs if they were next to someone else. I had several moms just come up and take from what my kids were using without even asking them. Several times my kids were nearly in tears when dinos were taken from right in front of them as they played. And they were being careful to not take too many.
School started for the kids. Austin started a week after the others, and was so excited to go!
Lauren decided to pick some flowers for our table. It made me feel so happy to see that girly side of life with girls! I love that she is trying to "home-make" and make our home beautiful! Every time I look at this it makes me happy.





No comments:
Post a Comment