Thursday, April 30, 2015

Other April Happenings

In case you hadn't noticed in the Easter pictures, Dylan got himself a nice shiner at the beginning of the month.

The kids made a huge mess.  I would start cleaning one part only to find they had tracked it somewhere else, or worse, dumped another garbage sack out.  I'm writing this post a few months later, so I can't quite remember the details.  I think it was Ashlyn mostly, though Austin and Lauren may have been involved.  I just know I was so frustrated because I was trying to get something else done and was on a time constraint.








Spring soccer went by in a blur.  Jayden finished his regular season in April and this was the only soccer picture taken in the whole month of April. The season started at the end of March, but Jayden wasn't cleared to play until April. I was still a little nervous, and he did end up bumping heads with a teammate once, but overall the season was a success.  Jayden's soccer skills are a little rusty from his surgery, but it has been amazing to watch him improve as the season has progressed.  He is almost back to normal.  Hooray!


Now that it has warmed up this girl is loving going outside!   She begs and begs for outside. In fact, that is one of her newest words.  At the beginning of the month she learned to say hello (with a British accent: 'ello).  Other new words this month have been hot, all done, ma, mama, mom, da, uh-oh, hi, shoes (another important one so she can tell me she wants to go outside), what, bottle, and ow.
She finally loves to walk holding my hand, and now guides me to something she wants, or somewhere in particular she wants to go. Sometimes she doesn't seem to really have a plan of where she wants to go.  I think she just enjoys pulling me along and me coming with her where ever that may be.  She really loves binkies and bottles right now.  She still only has 3 teeth on the top, and three on the bottom.

No comments: