Wednesday, May 27, 2015

May Happenings

Soccer season finished up with some crazy weather.  We had some serious lightening storms that kept blowing through, which made spring soccer a bit tricky.  But we made it work for the most part.  Austin and Lauren were still on the same team, coached by Devon.  Lauren really loved the idea of soccer, but would get sad often while playing.  I think she wanted to play so bad, but got frustrated when the other kids got to the ball before her.  Austin keeps getting a little more aggressive as he gets older.  He does a pretty good job going after the ball.









Austin graduated from Preschool.  He loves to sing the songs from school and tells me the poems as well.  He started reading this year.  I hadn't realized how much his teacher had started teaching it until one day I decided I should sit down with him and start teaching him to read since he seemed to know his letters and sounds pretty well.  He surprised me by reading the whole little book to me. It was the first book of a book series to teach reading, so it was basic, but it still was so awesome to me!  This boy is so ready for kindergarten!



Austin loved having Mrs. Skousen as his teacher.  She did such a fabulous job!



Dylan graduated from 6th grade.  He is excited but nervous for Junior High.  I think he will do great and all the new opportunities will be awesome for him.






 Here is Ashlyn's favorite spot in my kitchen.



Austin's preschool had a party for the end of the year.  The kids had fun playing with the parachute and doing a pinata.





Ashlyn loves treats.  Can you see how much she loves Oreos?


Ashlyn also really loves to be outside. I think she could live outside if I let her. The teeter totter is definitely a favorite thing for her in our backyard.


No comments: