Friday, May 29, 2015

Disney Cruise Vacation: Before the cruise

We got back from our Atlanta trip on Sunday, the kids finished up their last week of school, and on Thursday afternoon we headed to Florida for a  Gibson Family Disney Cruise.  Whew!  That was crazy, I'll tell ya!  I packed almost all the kids before we left to Atlanta, and I still barely got everything done in time.  Of course there were a lot of things for the kids that I couldn't pack before we left, like their church clothes and toothbrushes and other random things. I'm just so glad I started packing early.  Packing 6 kids for a trip where they need beach stuff, fancy clothes, medium dressy clothes, and all the other normal clothes sure takes a long time!

This airplane ride was probably one of the best ones we have ever had with kids.  Flying in airplanes with Dylan as a baby or toddler was never a great experience.  He always cried for an hour or two of each flight. It was just a fact of life.  Devon or I would try walking the aisle or standing in the stewardess area, but he still usually kept crying no matter what we tried.  This trip I don't know that anyone spent really any time crying.  I tried to pack plenty of food, treats, and activities to keep everyone busy.  The older kids were set with ipads and phones to watch movies.  Super easy.  Austin and Lauren did a little of everything.  Ashlyn was tricky and busy, but she was happy.  Yay for happy.  The best thing I brought was a Dollar Tree barbie doll.  She loved putting the shoes on and taking them off. 



One of the kids (Ethan or Austin) was saying how they wish they could see where the pilots sit.  I told them since 9-11 they probably don't let them do that anymore.  But, just as we were getting off the pilots asked if they wanted to.  The kids were so excited!


We flew out two days before the cruise because tickets were cheaper that way.  Originally we thought it would be fun to go to Harry Potter World at Universal Studios, but when I looked up tickets and they were $150 each, I just couldn't swallow paying that for 8 people.  So, I decided to find a resort that had some fun activities (and one that would sleep 8!).  We found the Liki Tiki Resort.  It wasn't anything super fancy, but they had a lot of activities to do.  They had a fun swimming pool/water park, mini golf, shuffleboard (Jayden totally beat Mom), tennis, a playground, paddleboats, and some fun 8-seater bikes called surreys.   We had so much fun doing it all! In the picture of Ashlyn  you can see how hot and sweaty we would get doing non water activites.  Then we would go swim and cool down to the point we were almost cold It was a partly cloudy day that felt almost cold when you were wet, but hot and sweaty when you were dry... well, at least as dry as you can feel when you're sweaty.

The pond was pretty cool.  We could see small turtles in the water and on the shore at times. We also found out there are four small alligators in it.  We were wishing we could spot them, but never did.








I was cracking up watching Ashlyn play in the splash pad.  She was "washing" herself.


Jayden is a great big brother and had fun playing with Austin.  I was taking a picture of this cute scene and then the next scene happened.  He totally dunked him.  But, Austin's a good sport and came up laughing.






 Count my children on the bike.  Anyone missing?  Its kind of like Where's Waldo.  You can see an arm and some shoes and part of a shirt if you look carefully.  Mr. Grumpy eventually decided to be happy and let me also take a picture to prove he was there.


We wore these kids out!  Austin wanted to watch a show a fell asleep doing it.




No comments: