Then Tuesday, he was so excited to get his tonsils out. For the couple weeks before his birthday he told everyone about how he was getting his tonsils out the day after his birthday. Truthfully I think he was a little nervous, but I also think he liked all the attention he got telling everyone about it.
This time around being at the hospital was much easier. Ethan was smiling and ready to go, though he refused to look at me for a picture. He got a pillow and a blanket to keep as souvenirs.
Off he goes!
Ethan was pretty funny waking up. He kept sitting up and saying he was tired, then he would roll over in his bed once we told him to lay down. I think he thought we needed to leave right away, maybe, and that's why he kept sitting up. It took some work on mine and Devon's part to keep him untangled as he turned and twisted in bed. He also said that he wanted a peanut butter and jam sandwich for lunch. We laughed that right away he was asking for food.
I have my little helpers at home. Its a good thing because this has been a crazy month! I have had Jayden home since his surgery. He has started to go back to school a little bit, but we are just doing a few hours at a time for now and slowly working our way up. So, now I also get to have Ethan home from school as well while he heals for two weeks.
Austin loves to grab my phone and take selfies. These are some gems from this week.
And the rest of us decided to join him once I realized what he was doing.
Wednesday Lauren got a little bored and decided to wash her baby. Or maybe she thought she had a diaper rash all over. Either way, it was a brand new tube put to use in a less than helpful way. Good thing I love her, but I did have to document her doings.
Austin had a preschool fieldtrip to the Thanksgiving Point Farm on Thursday. Devon stayed home so I could join in the fun.
And at some point during the week this happened on Lauren's walls.
And door.
And on Saturday Lauren was having fun being a princess and decorating herself.
The week went pretty good for Ethan. He didn't start to feel too bad until about Friday and Saturday, then he wasn't feeling quite so good. Jayden didn't feel so good after spending more hours at school on Monday since we were at the hospital with Ethan for the morning. I had originally hoped to have Jayden back to school full time by the time of Ethan's surgery, but we will get there. Baby steps forward.
No comments:
Post a Comment