Friday, November 15, 2013

Introducing... Ashlyn Jeanne Gibson

Ashlyn was born on November 15 at 3:09 pm.  She weighed 7 lbs 12 oz and was 19.5 inches long.  We are so happy that she is here!

Ready to have this baby on a rainy day!



The experience of having Ashyln laid on my chest was very special this time.  As they laid her there, she looked into my eyes, and it was like recognition and an instant connection.  She calmed down immediately.  I seriously feel like she had been looking for me in this crazy bright, cold world she just came into.  Like she knew who I was and that I would take care of her and that she trusted me.  It was a very spiritual moment for me.





Ashlyn could hear her Dad speaking and turned to look toward him.  New babies are so amazing!




Austin and Lauren started out at a neighbor's house (thanks Lisa!) to wait until Grandma Kirk could come help.  Then Grandma spent the rest of the day taking care of the kids.  She even took them for a quick dinner at Wendy's on their way to the hospital to see their new sister.

The kids were so excited to see their new sister.  I always love to see the excitement that the toddlers have for a new little one, and Austin and Lauren fit perfectly into that category.






Dylan has a deep love for our new babies, and waited patiently for his turn to hold Ashlyn.





Jayden is always a bit hesitant to hold the brand new babies.  I've never figured out why, but we did get him to at least sit by Dylan holding Ashlyn so he could be in a picture.











November 15, 2013 was a good day for us!!

2 comments:

Michelle and Tony said...

She is beautiful and looks just like the rest. Congrats on such a sweet family.

Karen K said...

She's so beautiful! I'm itching to hold her again. Welcome to the world sweet Ashlyn!