The annual pumpkin carving went great! I found a kit that had the little knives that are supposed to make it easier. I've always thought about buying them, but haven't. I saw one this year at Walmart and decided to grab it. I didn't realize it came with some patterns to cut the pumpkins with. I love the way they turned out!
The added bonus of the little knives was that they were something Dylan and Jayden could use. Dylan did his carving completely on his own. Jayden did a large amount of his, but needed some help to finish up.
The boys were so happy to go trick or treating at Daddy's work. Last year we missed out because Daddy was gone for Halloween - such a bummer! Everyone had a great time. Lauren really loved the suckers!
I was able to help in Jayden and Ethan's class parties. Here is Jayden with two buddies.
And here is Ethan's class party. They painted pumpkins, which suprised me. Its such a cute idea, but I was so worried someone's costume would get ruined. I'm hoping everyone's costumes survived!
And of course there were the parades:
We tried to get a nice shot of everyone, but Lauren didn't really want to:
This is a common face we see. She makes it when she is mad, and sometimes she just makes it to be silly. Here she wasn't so happy we were trying to get her to stand still.
Halloween night was BEAUTIFUL! We couldn't have asked for nicer weather. Once it got dark, the boys needed a jacket or shirt underneath their jerseys, but while it was light it was perfect! Lauren was so funny! She would go up to the door to get a treat, then turn around with a bounce in her step and a squeal of happiness as she put each candy into her bucket.
And... the kids all got lots of candy!
1 comment:
I love their costumes! Lauren is adorable. Looks like a super fun Halloween. We bought that same kind of kit, but just used it for the knives because the patterns looked too complicated. Good to know that they're do-able.
Post a Comment