The LDS Church held a big celebration for the 85th birthday of our prophet, President Monson. It was a concert with songs to tribute his life, many of them Broadway songs, and all of them were favorites of his. Scouting has always been a huge part of President Monson's life, so in the portion for his childhood, they had over 200 scouts sing The Trailbuilder Hymn and carry in flags. Dylan was lucky to be one of those scouts, and so did 5 of his cousins. Devon and I went up to watch the celebration with Devon's parents. It was so fun to be there! It was a beautiful night. I am so grateful to know that there are living prophets on the earth today, and that President Monson is a prophet of God, and heads his church at this day. What a great blessing this man is to my life and to many others across the world!
Here is a link to it if you missed it:
The scouts start at 15:40. Dylan is one of the boys at the top of the aisle between the women in the choir, but I'm not sure which one.
By the way, Devon and I got on TV, too, at 53:28. We are at the bottom-right. I'm wearing teal, and my mother-in-law is wearing red.

2 comments:
That is awesome! So neat for Dylan. After we watched him, I was scrolling through and paused right on you! Fun.
That is so neat!! He looks so good!! I watched the whole program!! It was great! Thanks for sharing!!
Post a Comment