The Kirk Family Vacation was spent with all of my extended family at my Uncle Spencer's ranch in Montana. For years I have heard of the beauty and vastness of his ranch, and finally got to see it first hand. I love how spacious it is there, and how private it feels. I love being in nature and just feeling the peace that you can't find anywhere else.
We all had fun doing so many different activities... canoeing, paddle boats, playing in the sand, catching frogs (one of Dylan's favorites), water balloon volleyball, four wheeling, shooting guns (Oh, wait... we never made it there. Another infamous flat on our awesome Suburban stopped that one. Luckily David and Steve already knew how to change the tires on my Suburban from the last Kirk vacation. What is it with Kirk vacations and flats?), visiting with family, Kirk Olympics, eating lots of junk food, and time around a camp fire.
Rachel drove Emi, and I drove Austin and Jayden. We had so much fun exploring around. In Rachel and Emi's picture you can see the cabin and lake in the background.
We surprised a deer that seemed to be living in this cabin. You can see her head in the window looking at us. She eventually ran away, but when we came back along the trail later, she was back in her cabin again.
Here are the Kirk Olympics. Kristen and Spencer put a lot of creativity in planning this. Their theme was the London Games. The games all had a British theme, complete with creative names I can't remember. We had to knock a tower over (maybe London Bridge is Falling Down?), eat the cream out of oreos and spell "London" with the cookies, put Cheetos hair on a bald - shaving cream covered head, find our Queen, dress "her" up (Love the picture of David - if he ever sees it he may kill me), and sing "God Save the Queen" to Aunt MaryLynn, have a tea party - complete with a chauffeur and a butler, tug of war, and a few others I can't think of. It was a lot of fun, although we did have a few casualties of small children being smashed by teenagers. Good thing they all survived. I like to note that I save Adrianna from being smashed under a pile of people diving for their shoes. I saw her going under, and pulled her out, although her foot did get a little hurt.
No comments:
Post a Comment