Saturday, July 14, 2012

Block Party!

The annual block party was a lot of fun!  There was the usual: good food, cotton candy, loud music, and bounce houses.  The new stuff was having the firemen come with their truck and have a water fight with the kids.  All my kids were too chicken to join in the fun, though.  We were lucky to have Rachel and David join us, since they were staying at our house that night.  We were a little bummed about there being no races this year, but I think part of it comes from Jayden getting hurt last year.  I still think he got a concussion after he crashed into someone when they stopped their bike abruptly at the finish line.  It was fine not having it, but I think there was a little disappointment on my kids part.  Also, because of the seriously dry summer and high fire conditions, our street wasn't allowed to have any fireworks at all.  The north end of our street was allowed to, so while the rest of us stayed at the middle of the street, they lit cake fireworks up into the sky from the north end of our street.  It was fun to watch, but different from years past when we had "The Street of Fire."   I think the bounce houses and the cotton candy were the highlights for the kids, what do you think?














No comments: