Jayden and Dylan were supposed to make Valentine boxes for school this year. I remember making these as a kid. I loved it! My kids haven't had the chance to do this yet; their teachers have had them make something at school. So I was excited for them to get to make one at home this year. They both had some great ideas. Dylan knew from the beginning he wanted to do an AT-AT walker (Star Wars, incase you didn't know). I wasn't so sure it was going to work. But he was persistent, and once I told him it was his job to figure out how to do it, He went to work. It actually turned out pretty good. Jayden had wanted to do one too (I'm sure he had heard Dylan talk about his idea), but he was the first to get to work on his, and I conviced him to find a different idea. We got online and found a monster he wanted to copy in his own way, so that is what he did. Ethan then wanted to make one too, so I helped him make his, and he let it be more like the one we found online for Jaydens.
I bought Fun-Dips for them to give their friends this year. I thought they would be excited, but they were actually kind of disappointed. Their reason: They wanted to keep them and not give them away. Silly gooses. I explained that it is good to give something you like to other people, because they probably like it too. Hopefully something was learned here, but maybe not. Either way, I'm sure they had fun giving them to their friends, and seeing what they recieved in turn.
Happy Valentine's Day to everyone!
No comments:
Post a Comment