Monday, October 10, 2011

Fall Sports

Its that time of the year... fall sets in, the air gets cooler, the leaves start to turn, General Conference... and fall sports.  Of course, Jayden is playing soccer.  The sport he lives and breathes everyday.  Those months in between the fall and spring seasons can't go fast enough for him.  Then finally - its time!  He has a fun team this year with a bunch of kids from our neighborhood. Most of them are the buddies he plays with regularly, so that has been a lot of fun.  Here are a few pictures of his moves:






 Here are the fans: 

I try to have everyone come to all the games for everybody, although there are those exceptions of scheduling conflicts or tired toddlers needing nap desperately.  I have a picture of Dylan and Austin similar to the picture below, so when Dylan was holding Austin in the picture above, I had to snap a quick picture of them.  Dylan loves his siblings!


Dylan has been playing flag football and has loved it.  He is so fun to talk to as he tells you about playing football.  He tells us all about catches, and touchdowns,  and interceptions that happen at recess (still trying to decide how much is tall tales, but its still fun to listen).  He is such a good team player in the sense that if the team wins, he wins and loves the feeling of being a part of that.  He cheers everyone on, and is happy to see the good things the team is doing together.  He ended up on a team where the coach only played a few players in the main positions (namely his sons and close neighbors - don't get me started...), but Dylan had a lot of fun blocking and playing a little defense.  The few times he was given an opportunity to run the ball, he did great.  One of the runs it was a first down, and he was able to get to the next first down (since they don't really go by yards, I'm not sure how far he actually went).  I got this series of pictures of one of his runs:




1 comment:

Rachel said...

Some of my favorite memories growing up were being at sport games with the family. I loved going to baseball games for Steve because sometimes mom would let us get the "grab bag" from the concession.

Way to make fun memories with your kids and have your kids be involved in each other's lives. I'm excited for this stage of life with my kids. :)