Sunday, August 28, 2011

At our house

Here is a little run down of things at our house in August of 2011:



 Bad news first: Austin has a miserable eye infection.  He's got a goopy, swollen, red eye.  Started exactly a week ago, and not much improvement.  This last week he has had two different eye drops, 3 doctor visits, 3 shots of a miserable thick shot with a thick needle (poor kid!), a fever for 3 of the days, and an antibiotic.  The doctor's diagnosis: periocular cellulitis.  Neighbor who is an eye surgeon's diagnosis: a viral conjunctivitis.  I'm guessing the neighbor is the correct one, but he suggested to still finish off the drops and antibiotics just in case.  Hopefully this thing goes away soon!  I am tired of being stuck here.  He looks too awful to take anywhere, and he is still contagious.  Lovely!

**********

Lauren is growing so fast.  She loves to be in her bouncy chair.  At the beginning of August she would smile and talk to the animals on her bouncer.  I called them her "friends."  Now she just tries to get them.  She loves it when she gets the middle one because when it is pulled it makes music and other sounds. 

 While I was trying to take pictures Ethan "helped" by giving her this leopard.  Oh, the love!




 Tell me she is just not the cutest little girl!  I love her!

**********


 Lauren is also getting so good at getting up on her forearms.  She will hang out this way for a bit, then gets sick of it and is done.  One of the days she was on her tummy she kept rolling herself over.  Here Austin is also sharing his blanket with her.  I kept moving it, and he kept putting it back.

**********


 Dylan loves his legos.  He is always wanting me to take more pictures of his creations.

**********


 Jayden and Dylan started school.  I'm so happy for them, because they enjoy it - Jayden especially.  And I'm happy for me because that's a little less chaos for a few hours of the day.  I'm hoping to feel back on top of things one of these days!

**********



 Jayden lost his first TWO teeth!  He lost the first one, then 10 days later the second. He has been so excited because he has been waiting for that to happen! 

**********

The piano behind Jayden reminds me of the fact that they are starting piano lessons this week!  I have been trying to teach them myself this past year.  It has gone okay... sort of.  Being sick and pregnant for a few months, and then having a baby kind of puts a damper on things.  So, I finally just signed them up with a fabulous teacher in our neighborhood.  Here we go!

**********



 This is from Jayden's first week of school: "While I was doing work, you bot 100 boxis uf cande."

**********



Lauren is becoming a thumb sucker.  I'm alright with that, especially if that's the reason she is sleeping till 3, or 4, or 5, or even 6 am on some nights. Basically all the nights she sleeps till at least one of those times.  I love it- although my least favorite time for her to get up is between 4 and 5 because it makes it so hard to get up around 6 or 6:30 to go for a run and help the boys get ready for school.  If she gets up around 3, that gives me time to get a few more hours of sleep, or if she gets up around 5:30, its perfect because then I can go for a run when I'm done feeding her.

**********

Which brings me to my next thing:  I'm running again!  I have been wanting to start running again so bad.  I miss the good feeling after a 3-5 mile run.  Those are my favorites.  Not too long, but enough to feel great.  Right now I am starting slow.  I do not want to deal with injuries, so I'm just doing 1 mile at a slow pace - 12 minutes.  But its a great starting point. 

**********


 I decorated Lauren's room right before she was born.  It turned out so fun and I love it!  For the first little bit it was such a shock to see so much pink!


**********

Devon is starting to do hot air ballooning again. He is excited and ready to go. He hopes to get his commercial license by the end of October.  Then he hopes to use his little (big) hobby to bring in some extra cash.  That will be nice, of course we have to pay ourselves back first for some expenses that come with earning a commercial license. 

**********

One of our favorite shows as a family is Phineas and Ferb.  If you haven't seen it, you're missing out. It is clean and funny.  It is also very random.  Sometimes Devon and I just wonder how they come up with some of the things on that show!

**********

Well, I think that just about sums us up for now.  Until next time....

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Such fun updates. Lauren's smiles are so adorable.
I'm so glad you're getting into running again! WAHOO for you! :)

wanderer said...

Thanks for the updates! I love seeing pics of your kids. Phineas and Ferb is on of our kids fav. cartoons also.

Karen K said...

Fun! I love the boxis of cande- hilarious. Lauren is darling. I can't believe you're running in the morning. I am just...not that good. And will you please tell Jon that Phineas and Ferb is awesome? I miss it.

Nancy K said...

Lauren is absolutely beautiful!!!
Ummm hooray to everything you said-school, ballooning, running, etc. but boo to the eye infection hope it clears up soon!!!

Lisa Moore said...

Wow I'm impressed how well you keep up on your blog with a new baby and 4 other kiddos! You're a supermom!! Since you're running again you ought to sign up for the oktoberfest 10k. It's in highland so you're right there! We should get together soon. It would be so fun to see you!