Devon was Dracula in a small play called "Almost the Bride of Dracula" that our ward put on for a dinner activity. The group only practiced a little over a handful of times and had about a month to put it together, but they all did so well. Everyone was so impressed with Devon's skills... skills I don't think he even knew he had. He was on the stage pretty much the whole time, so he had tons of lines to memorize, and I don't know that he even messed up at all. It was so much fun to watch. We are hoping to get a copy of it on disc soon, and I'm excited for the boys to see it.
Jennifer Mosteller (almost bride), Jodie Visker (almost bride), Ann Robinson (Dracula's mother), Devon (Dracula), Marla Brannum (almost bride), Dale Dawes and Lorrie Crandall (parents of one of the almost brides)
He has gotten really good at walking over the course of October, going from only a couple steps, to now being able to walk from room to room. He still falls down regularly, but goes to a wall or furniture to stand himself right back up. He doesn't seem to realize he can do it on his own - we know he can because we have seen him do it occasionally, but he hardly even tries to.
This is just a random picture. I have one almost the same of Jayden at about the same age, and I just think its so funny to see the kids put raspberries on their fingers.
I cut Austin's hair again, this time I really like how it turned out. I went a bit shorter, and I think it turned out a lot better. I never really took an "after" shot, but now when I do his hair, I can spike it and it turns out pretty cute. This time my method of madness to make the hair cut possible was licorice. It was fabulous. He sat almost completely still this time as he chomped on the licorice. Three licorices later we were done. My only mistake was leaving a comb within reach and his red sticky fingers picked it up and he tried to comb his hair, which just put red sticky mess into the hair I was trying to cut. If that's the worst that happened (well, that and clipping the edge of my knuckle twice with the scissors - I was trying to hurry), then I think we did pretty good.
2 comments:
On SUnday dinner lets watch the movie of Devon!
Wow, messy haircut! Devon looks pretty scary. I'd love to see that movie!
Post a Comment