Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Family - it's what counts

There is something about distance that seems to make family matter all the more. I remember leaving to college, and how hard it was to be just two hours away from my family. It was a fun time, but at times kind of hard on me being away from family, and yet it was so good for me too. Then a few years after that we moved to New York. Man, I thought Logan was far from home! Yet again, those times with family were so cherished, and that love made only stronger. Now my sister Rachel is the one far away from family, and I hope she has fun during these years as her family gets to really grow together. In some ways I miss that feeling of totally sticking together and just having each other to depend on for a lot of things. I had fun just hanging out with my boys, and going and doing lots of things with them, because there weren't all those family things happening that just add fun to the day to day things in life. Nate and Ethan are great buddies, and they both keep asking for each other. Of course neither understands why they can't just go play with their friend.

Here's Nate, Spencer, and Ethan playing together. Spencer is another cousin that we love. These three boys are lucky to have each other. I wish we had a picture with Megan in it as well... put that on our to do list the next time Nate is in town! (Megan and her family had something the night this was taken... dance reviews, work - bummer)





I couldn't pick between the three pictures of these boys, so I put them all on here.



Emi and Austin.



Some silly fun after playing it up on Super Mario Bros. Wii. That is a great game. We had two nights of fun before they began their trek to their new digs.






Oh, how I love my sister!

2 comments:

LJB said...

Sisters are the BEST! Mine just moved to the East Coast--way too far away! Thank goodness for unlimited long distance calling--we talk everyday!

Rachel said...

OOOH. Thank you. I love you too.

I especially love the last silly pictures. Good times.