Tuesday, January 19, 2010

My cute little babe

Austin is about 3 1/2 months now, and we are finally getting into a groove. I have found that this little boy can be patient about eating. He will be smiling and happy even if he is starved. The thing this boy can't handle is being tired. I have been trying to figure out his schedule the last few weeks and I have discovered he is good and happy for 1 - 1 1/2 hours. Past that, and this sweet boy falls apart. He gets to that point where he just can't fall asleep and will cry and cry, not matter what you try. It will take about 1-2 hours of fussing and crying in my arms, in his bed, and in his swing just for him to get to sleep at this point. If I am paying attention and I get him down by that 1 1/2 hours mark, he will lay down (sometimes smile at you), roll onto his side, stick his thumb in his mouth, and go to sleep. Sometimes he will fuss for a few minutes, and then if I stick the binky in his mouth, he will go to sleep. Sometimes I have to stick the binky in a couple times. If that isn't working, turning music on seems to help, too. But really, it doesn't take too much to get him to sleep if I am on top of things. The only downfall: if we aren't home, it sure is hard to get him to go to sleep because he doesn't have his bed to lay down in. We will have to figure that one out.



Austin already knows who he should be cheering for!




I love Austin's smile in this picture.




Gesundheit!




Austin and his cousin Emi. They stayed with us the night before they moved to Oregon.




Austin loves his thumbs- either one. He sucks on them to go to sleep; he sucks on them for fun. He is also starting to chew on them - I hope that doesn't mean teeth anytime soon!




Austin is starting to love his bouncy chair. Austin also loves to talk to me. He tells me all sorts of stories. I can't wait for when the giggles start. He is getting so close, with half of a giggle here and there. He seems like he will be another ticklish one. He squirms and smiles when we tickle him now.




Austin is getting pretty good at sitting up with support. He loves to sit infront of me on the floor, on the couch, in front of the mirror, and he tries to sit up in his car seat. I have a little car seat cover on his car seat, and it has a little flap where his head is. Sometimes, if the flap is closed, you see his little head popping up out of the whole, becuase he is trying to sit up inside. Devon and I had a good laugh the first time he did it. I'll have to try to get a picture sometime.




Austin's most recent new skill - batting at toys. He just started this on Friday, and he loves to hit at toys now!

3 comments:

David and Jana said...

So Cute and Chubby!

Rachel said...

What a stud! He's going to be a heart-breaker! Love the smiles.
I'm so impressed he can sit that well. Emi would much rather stand. Anytime she's on my lap or anything she pushes her legs until her body is in a straight line. Whether that pushes her flat on her back, or standing when she's on my lap.

The Isoms said...

What a cutie he is getting so big!