Saturday we almost finished a project we started last year. We needed space for a vegetable garden, and some fruit trees. So we picked what we thought we be the best section of our yard for it, and took up the aspen trees, grass, and ground cover, and in its place planted 3 trees and put in two 4x12 planter beds, complete with some heavy duty trellises we can grow even watermelons and squash on. We put in drip lines for it all. Then came Rex, and he ripped up all the drip lines, and broke two of the trees completely in half. This year we replaced the drip lines, replaced one tree - I need to find a third, but haven't yet. Then yesterday we finally got some landscape fabric down and put wood chips over it. We also made a few little paths with some rock we had. It looks so much better, and I am so excited our project is so close to being done. In the next year or two we for sure want to put a small 3-4 foot fend around it, and then put flowers around the outside to make it all look nice, but we are loving this look for now.
4 comments:
Lovely!!!! It looks great!
That looks awesome! You're going to have to give me some advice next year when I redesign our garden. I definitely want to go to square foot.
Hurray! I love it when projects get done!
Speaking of which, did Devon tell you we patched the tent? I think it will work great! There were only 5 or 6 small holes in the bottom of the tent. Not too horrible, and definitely patchable. Thanks so much!
Way to go! It looks great!!
Post a Comment