Tuesday, March 3, 2009
Draper Temple Openhouse
We went to the Draper Temple Openhouse on January 26th. I took a few pictures of the boys in front of the temple, but I lost those pictures with my camera, which is why I haven't blogged it until now. I figure I may as well blog it without the pictures, because it was such a good experience, and one I want to remember. The boys were really excited to go through, and I had been telling them about some of the rooms they would see. Jayden loved the baptismal font - if you asked him what he liked, that is his constant answer. Something about that really stood out to him. Dylan liked the sealing rooms, especially looking at the mirrors and seeing all the reflections, and I told him they represent all the past, and all the future. The boys also loved the murals on the walls in the endowment rooms - of course especially the animals. They were really good through the whole thing and I hope it is something they always remember. My favorite part was walking into the Celestial Room. I hadn't really thought about it much before hand, but as we walked into the room, I could not help but cry as I thought of how much I want my boys to always be with me, and how that may be the only time we are all in the Celestial Room of the temple together until they are all old enough to go to the temple- so almost 20 years! I don't know why, but that just really got me, and I could not help it. Sometimes I feel like such a cry baby, but, oh well! It was a great experience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Very cool!
I think it IS a neat experience to take our kids. It helps them picture where we are going when we go to the temple and where they want to be able to go as well.
Post a Comment