Wednesday, August 31, 2016

August

The Tour of Utah bike race had a portion of it starting at the IM Flash campus by us.  So, I took the kids over there to see all the fun.  We played games, watched BMX stunts and saw the start of the race.






Ashlyn wanted to play Mario Kart one day, and I later found her like this. And here is the view from the other side, too.


This little painted Indian decided to use marker all over herself.

Jayden had a pass to the Olympic Park from his ski Utah pass.  We brought Kyler along so the two of them could do everything together.  Ethan, Austin, Lauren, Ashlyn, and I just hung out watching their fun.  We ate lots of food, and luckily there was a playground.  We also had fun watching the people on the arial jumping pool. We ate lunch on a hill where we could watch. There were some that were actually pretty good, but a lot of people were more novices. We also walked through the museum.  I was bummed to find out most the games had been taken out.  Instead there were a few we could pay money to do.  That was disappointing.











I get so many cute pictures of this sweeting sleeping.  She's just so cute, I just can't resist.

I've been meaning to take the kids to the Hill Aerospace Museum for years... really since we lived in Logan and drove past it a bajillion times as we drove from Logan down to see family.  I can't believe it took us so long to go!  That was a lot of airplanes to look at!  It was interesting to read about them and see what things they did.  It was also interesting to see the different speeds the jets could go.  Some are super fast!





The girls had fun giving Josie a ride.  And funny enough, I think she actually likes it!  She didn't try to get out at all.


School started way too soon!  I really wished we had another month to relax and enjoy time together.  Summer is the best.  But, back to school we go, ready or not.

A mom in the neighborhood snapped this pic of all the 8th graders at Dylan's bus stop.

I decided to spend some fun days with the girls when all the boys were at school.  We went to the Thanksgiving Point Farm several days.  The girls loved riding the ponies! Ashlyn's first ride she just said "whoa, whoa, whoa..." the whole time around.  She was so funny to watch. We rode the ponies over, and over, and over again.  I think one day we did them like 7 times! Maybe more!  It was awesome that the lines were so short we could do that.  Ashlyn loved riding the biggest ones.  Lauren went back and forth.  We had fun learning the names of some of them, too.


Here we are on the wagon ride.





Lauren started Kindergarten!  She was so excited!  We love that her two best friends (Elle and Sarah) are in afternoon kindergarten.  The entire rest of the neighborhood ended up in morning.  I was ready to request a switch until I learned all three were afternoon.  It has worked out better than I thought it would. I like having the extra time in the morning with both girls.






No comments: