Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Happy Birthday Lauren!

Five!  This girl is five!  Can you believe it??

Lauren started out the morning great.  Ethan gave her a present first thing in the morning that he had made specially for Lauren out of perler beads. It was a cat with an "L" on the tag.

 We enjoyed Frozen Cereal, Star Wars Cereal (since its Star Wars Day, too), and Froot Loops.

Lauren was so excited for her party!  It was her first party she got to invite friends to.  It was also the first party with just girls I've ever done.  It was so much easier than any party we've ever had!

She picked out this cute dog pinata. She also wanted me to make her a cake that has the cake as the dolls dress.  At first I told her no, then a friend told me it isn't so hard.  So I gave it a shot.  Let me tell you.  It did not go as planned!  Luckily frosting can fix problems. Also, I think I took 3-4 trips to the store just for the cake: getting cake batter, getting a doll that might work, getting more cake batter, and maybe one more for whatever else I forgot.  I think it all turned out alright.  Lauren was happy with it, so that's what really matters.




We first played a dancing game kind of like musical chairs where they had to be on a snowflake when the music stopped ("Let It Go...").  Then we played a game making a snow dress from toilet paper.  Most the little girls didn't want to be the one with the dress, so Dylan and Jayden were so awesome to let the girls have fun with them.  Dylan's team won by being the first one to use their entire roll.  Then we had a great snowball/toilet paper fight.







Then it was pinata time.




 I totally forgot to get a picture of all the girls together, but I think you can see everyone here.  Starting at the left (skipping my kids): Natalee, Lily, Sarah, Lauren, Livi, Elle, Bekah, and Emma.  We also had Leah, but she left just before this picture.
Lauren is such a sweetheart. She is a great sister to everyone in our family.  She is very tenderhearted. She is thoughtful and good at sharing.  She loves to color and paint.  She loves to ride her bike.  She loves to play with her friends.  She loves singing and dancing. She loves to pretend to be animals, especially a dog.  We love Lauren so much, and we are glad she had such a fabulous birthday!

No comments: