Sunday, November 1, 2015

October

October was a lot calmer than it usually is.  All of fall really was much slower.  With only two boys playing sports, our weeks went by with much less craziness.  Jayden had a few lacrosse games, and Dylan had flag football games (somehow I have no pictures of it).






Jayden and Ethan took golf classes from the school.  They were a little disappointed at how slow the class went, but hopefully they learned some good stuff still.

Our good friends the Stephens came to visit us while they were in town for Scott's work conference.  It was so fun to see them.  It always makes us wish they lived nearby us!  Its one of those really comfortable friendships that feels like we haven't had years pass by since we last saw each other.




 Lauren's preschool class had a field trip to a nearby apple orchard.


Devon's work had a night at Cornbelly's.  Our kids love to go there, so it was great to go together as a family.  Last year I went without Devon, and with Zane, so the numbers were a little more manageable this time around.  The kids had so much fun playing on the playgrounds, taking a tractor ride, walking through the mazes, doing the rat maze, riding the giant slide on potato sacks, playing giant chess... the list goes on and on.  What a fun night!  Oh, and Austin got a whole dollar from the candy cannon!







Here is a random picture of Lauren's hair before church one day.  I think I took the picture so she could see how it looked.


Silly faces!


We love decorating sugar cookies!








October was BYU football month.  There were four home games in October, and at least two of us went to all of them.  I missed one to watch Jayden's last lacrosse game, but Ethan went in my place. Dylan and Jayden got to go to one or two other games, so it was a fun football season for our little family.  Not to mention, we won all those home games, which always makes it more fun to watch.

Jayden and Ethan had their Pinewood Derby.  They both had been so excited for it and worked really hard to make their cars awesome.  They designed and pretty much did everything to make their carts, except for Devon cut the original block of wood in the way they designed.  He also helped a little here and there to  help things work out, but really, the boys did it themselves. The cars turned out pretty awesome if you ask me.  At pack meeting there was a little drama and sadness when their cars didn't go quite as fast as they hoped, but it was fun to watch.















I bought a quilt to go on the spare bed that is in Ashlyn's room.  She must have understood enough of the conversations to decide the bed was hers.  She insisted on trying to sleep on it for a nap that afternoon.  She layed right down, but looked a little unsure (though extremely cute) as I walked out of the room.  Then she just started to cry when I shut the door.  It was the saddest cry!  I went back in and picked her up.  I rocked her for the longest time.  It took her a while to calm down.  I rocked her until she was nearly asleep and then laid her in her crib, which she seemed so much happier about.  That night she wanted Devon to put her to bed in the big bed again.  That time she actually did it really easy.  I went in and took a few pictures when she was asleep.  The next day at nap time she wanted to try it again, but again got sad.  After that she didn't want the big bed and was happy to sleep in her crib. She has been so easy in her crib, I don't mind at all her staying in it.  I actually hadn't intended for her to stop sleeping in her crib for many months from now, but she was the one who wanted to try the big bed.  Right now when she goes to bed she is so easy.  Often we read her a book, sing her a song, give her a kiss and she is happy to lay down and go to sleep in her crib.  We just put her in and walk out.  There are even days where she doesn't want to read a book with us, she just wants us to put her in her crib.  Sometimes she will read books in her bed and go to sleep, but other times she just lays right down and falls asleep.  What a sweetheart she is!  I love her to pieces!



The Gibson's had their second annual Halloween FHE Party.  It was so much fun again.  Tiffany does a great job making a party fun.  They brought jello shots (syringes full of red  jello- it makes it look like blood), festive cookies, and ran the Bring the House Down game.  I'm so sad we didn't get a group picture this time, but luckily a few took some pictures.











Austin is doing a playgroup with some neighborhood boys this year.  Here they are at one of Tommy's house.








The kids had their various Halloween parties at school. I wasn't sure if I could work out helping at a party, but I ended up stopping by their parties to see how things were going, and take a few pictures.  Jayden's party ended before I got there, but I caught Ethan and Austin's.  Grandma came to see the kids parade at school.  Ashlyn loved seeing all the kids costumes and would chatter away and was so excited to see everything.  It was so fun to watch her.























No comments: