As a kid I loved making gingerbread houses at Christmas time. Often we would make them for our friends' families for the neighbor Christmas gift. I remember making house after house, and just loving it! I have wanted to make the same style of gingerbread houses with my kids for years, but there has always been something that has held me back, whether it was the lack of energy and time, or that the at the Gibson's we made one from a kit. This year I finally did my vision! I had each of us make a house, and we had fun thinking up "awards" for each other. I should have written them all down so I could remember. I do remember that Jayden's was the most creative. Dylan's was the most marshmallowy. He used chocolate frosting because he doesn't like vanilla. He also had a pretzel tree stuck in the chimney and Santa next to it like he was unable to go down the chimney. He also had a ladder of gumdrops next to his house.
No comments:
Post a Comment