We took things pretty easy around here for Fall Break. By the end of it, I could tell they had watched and played way too many video games and TV shows. I kind of regretted it, but I don't think they did. I did get them to go up into the canyon one of the days. It was a little tricky because there was a bit of grumpiness, but I think all in all we had a lot of fun. We were hoping for some beautiful leaves, but I think we were a week or two late. We did find some beautiful Aspens on the back side of Timpanogos as we finished driving the rest of the way through the canyon on our ride home. Unfortunately at that point we had some car sickness going on. About half way through the canyon we stopped for a picnic. I got the kids to play around. They had some fun walking on the logs that were around us. We also went for a very short hike. I think we maybe went half a mile round trip. I would have loved to go farther, but some sibling "love" as well as some grumpiness made us turn around. Dylan and I decided maybe the two of us should go on some hikes alone, because we both love it so much. Ashlyn had a lot of fun, but at the point we decided to turn around, she really wanted to get down from the hiking backpack and walk. I knew that wouldn't work so great, so I made her stay in. She decided to be silly and jump and bounce around in the backpack as we walked down. It made it tricky for me because it made me feel off balance.










No comments:
Post a Comment