Friday, October 17, 2014

Fall Break - American Fork Canyon and Alpine Loop

I love the mountains.  I love, love, love the mountains.  Everytime I go I wonder why I don't go more often.  I took the kids up the canyon to hang out for most of the day. We had so much fun!  I was hoping to catch more leaf colors than we did, but we still found pockets of beauty.  When we first got up there it was a lot chillier than we expected.  Luckily some of the kids brought jackets, and luckily I had a few of my own the older boys could wear.  We picnicked in the sun on the blacktop to stay warm. 



The kids had fun throwing rocks and having stick and leaf races down the stream.

I had fun trying to get some cute pictures of the kids.  I love these kiddos and these pictures make me smile.


I had visions of a beautiful picture here.  Unfortunately they didn't all cooperate at the same time.  Looking at some of these pictures you might think I was telling the kids to pull crazy faces.  I was not.  I was begging, and pleading from the depths of my heart for cooperation.  Oh, well.  My efforts are documented.












I told the kids if we drove the Alpine Loop we would find the beautiful leaves I'd promised them up the canyon.  Of course I was almost made a liar.  I was so excited when we finally found this grove of aspens that were beautiful that we got out of the car to take a picture.  I guess I should say those that felt in the cooperative mood took a picture with me.  I love it, though!

This day was so fun!  I love nature.  I love my kiddos.  Now, if only we could have skipped the carsickness that commenced during the last portion of the drive...

No comments: